I have been looking around the Internet and I’m surprised to see people asking this question: is green tea good for you?
The answer to this is; YES and of course it is!
But again, we must understand that everything in excess can be dangerous.
For example, I like the fact that the ancient Greeks had seven different words for love but when it came to poison and medicine they assigned just one word for both concepts: Pharmakon.
Why? The ancient Greeks completely understood that whatever poison was available to them could be a potential medicine and vice versa.
Another example: It’s amazing reading about all of the great medical benefits that are coming out of snake toxins in recent news. On the flip side to that coin: if you take in too many Advil pills you will die.
And as you can imagine, whatever you do too much of – can be dangerous for you. The name of the game is moderation and a general understanding of the substance in question
Take for instance cocaine which is a very addictive and dangerous drug but as we all know; it’s a concentrated form of the coca leaf.
Which has been chewed for thousands of years as a subtle stimulant for the ancient Incas.
So I say to you, my fellow green tea drinkers, that you should take in no more than 3 cups a day of this wonderful beverage.
Drink in moderation and reap the benefits that this amazing drink has!
For hundreds of years, the Chinese and Japanese have enjoyed green tea. As time passed, this nourishing and refreshing beverage spread to the West. Little did the green tea lovers know that this drink packs many health benefits. Now, more and more people are aware of the Power of green tea.
Green Tea Benefits from Anti-oxidants
Who knew that sipping a cup of green tea could bring about a healthier way of life? Did you know that green tea has anti-oxidants? These anti–oxidants can:
- Fight plaque and cavities – properties in this tea can stop bacteria from forming cavities and plaque. Bad breath can also be avoided with constant consumption of the tea.
- Slow down the aging process – aside from cavities, it also fights free radicals so you can age gracefully.
- Prevent cancer – risk of getting stomach, rectum, pancreas, esophageal, colon, and bladder cancer is lessened by just drinking this tea daily. Why? The reason is that this tea has EGCG that protects cells from harmful elements. It also impedes development of cancer cells without affecting the healthy cells.
- Reduce bad cholesterol levels – because of this feature, those who drink tea can eat more heavier foods compared to non-drinkers with less harmful side effects. Green tea-drinkers still manage to get a healthier cholesterol count.
- Help you avoid thrombosis – thrombosis is an abnormal formation of a blood clot in your blood vessels. This leads to strokes and heart attacks.
- Stop tightening of blood vessels – because of this, high blood pressure is reduced.
- Drop blood glucose levels – type 2 diabetes is, therefore, prevented.
- Care for your liver – Drinking green tea can protect your liver from toxins. This is very beneficial for beer lovers and smokers. By no means is this a reason to drink and smoke more because you gain no benefits from that.
- Strengthen your immune system – you are less likely to get sick because of polyphenols and flaveboids that are present in green tea. It can help you recover fast from diseases and stop the spread of germs. It is even a good treatment for diarrhea.
- Help you recover from fatigue often caused by stress
- Increase metabolism rate – this can aid you in healthy weight loss. Properties in this tea help you burn calories faster. This is possible because your body burns more fat to fuel your body’s energy needs. This is why many people use green tea to shed off unwanted weight.
- Enhance brain power – green tea has components that can battle free radicals that can cause damage to the brain. Memory and cognitive function are improved as well. It can help you avoid getting Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s as well.
- Boost stamina – as stated, consuming green tea boosts the burning of fats to convert energy. Because of this, you will have more energy to do exercise.
- Prolong life – since you are able to stay away from health problems such as a stroke, heart disease, and cancer, you can enjoy a long, healthy, and fruitful life.
Green tea benefits abound as you can see. The list doesn’t end here. There are more things you can discover if you read more about green tea.