It has been scientifically proven that tea can have a significant part in helping shed pounds and improving body health. Although, not all health benefits of tea are shared by every type. For example, oolong is mostly for boosting alertness and critical thinking, not specifically for reducing the number on the scale. However, all types are collected from the same tea plant, so the benefits are visible in multiple varieties, albeit less apparent. Below I will outline the top 5 teas for weight loss, considering almost one in five deaths in the United States can be linked to obesity, such as heart disease, heart attacks, clogged arteries, and much more.
List Of The Top 5 Teas For Weight Loss
1. Green tea is the best for weight loss. The antioxidant that is more prevalent in Green than any other type, ECGC, is proven to reduce cellular damage within the body. This consideration helps prevent heart disease, excess fatty tissue, and blocked arteries. Therefore, not only does help weight loss, it reduces the chance of diseases caused by obesity and unhealthy amounts of fat tissue.
2. Oolong, which was mentioned above, is aimed towards mental health, but animal studies have shown that it also reduces bad cholesterol and weight gain. Wuyi, a type of Oolong, is specifically sold as a supplement with these benefits, but the science behind the claims is not completely proven.
3. Pu-erh is a member of the Black Tea family. Similar to the products above, it significantly lowers LDL cholesterol and helps the reduction of body fat by better metabolizing the fat, grease, and other components of food from meals throughout the day. Therefore, it is most logically to drink a cup after a meal, rather than before, to ensure the most benefit.
4. All types of Black teas are useful in weight reduction, mostly because they, like many others, come from the same plant as Green types. The processing methods alter the chemicals found within the plant however, so the effect is not as significant or fast, but the results are still almost guaranteed with the right usage.
5. Herbal variety, while not directly marketed towards weight loss, does have certain components that make it quite healthy. For example, it is usually decaffeinated making it a wonderful alternative to coffee and other similar beverages. Additionally, they are highly flavorful with a variety of spicy herbs and flowers.
In conclusion, considering most of the top 5 teas for weight loss come from the Camellia sinensis plant, they possess certain antioxidants, such as ECGC, and other healthy properties that help shed pounds and remove fatty tissue. Each one also has various other individual benefits, like lowering cholesterol and stress. The top 5 teas for weight loss listed above are highly flavorful, unique, and healthy. Consider purchasing a sampling of each type to find the one that fits your palate and replace the soda and coffee with this much healthier alternative.